IPL 2022: 5 Uncapped Indian Players to Keep an Eye On. Here are some uncapped Indian cricketers who could make an impact this IPL season.
The IPL2022 could be a much-needed tournament for uncapped Indian players who aspire to play for India’s senior team. In recent IPL, players such as Venkatesh Iyer were draft into the senior team solely based on their IPL performances. The tournament has such an impact on selectors that a few good outings in crunch situations can easily put a player on the radar of the selectors.
Also Visit: WWC: Bismah Maroof “Sigh of Relief” After Victory Over West Indies
Here are the 5 uncapped Indian players to keep an eye on:
- Rahul Tripathi: Rahul shock everyone when he was given a chance at the top of the order for the Kolkata Knight Riders. One of the main reasons SunRisers Hyderabad bid Rs 8.5 crore for the batter was because of this. Rahul has appeared in 62 IPL matches, scoring 1,385 runs at a strike rate of 136.31.
- Rajvardhan Hangargekar: The pacer sign by CSK for Rs 1.5 crore after displaying an extremely competitive and positive attitude during India’s title-winning campaign at the U19 WC in the West Indies. The pacer, who took five wickets in the World Cup, could be on the selectors’ radar in the long run.
- Shahrukh Khan: Shahrukh, regarded as one of the most hard-hitting batters in the domestic circuit, could step up his game for Punjab Kings, who paid Rs 9 crore for him. The batter’s exposure at the highest level, however, may be determine by his batting position in the tournament. Khan has 153 runs at a strike rate of 134.21 in 11 IPL matches so far.
- Raj Bawa: Bawa was one of India’s most promising young all-rounders, making an impression at the Under-19 World Cup. Bawa took nine wickets in six matches and scored 252 runs at an impressive average of 63. PBKS acquired him for Rs 2 crore.
- Shivam Mavi: Mavi’s injury concerns have frequently let him down since he rose to prominence after playing a key role in India’s Under-19 World Cup-winning team in 2018. Mavi purchase by the Kolkata Knight Riders, but he failed to put up consistent performances. He has 25 wickets in 26 IPL games so far and will be eager to prove the doubters wrong after being purchased by KKR for Rs 7.25 crore again.
Also Read: Pat Cummins Identifies Virat Kohli’s Similarities To Three Other Batting Superstars