The smart ball is basically an intelligent ball. Moreover, it has an electronic chip inserted inside of it. It’ll be a “different ball game” altogether at this year of Caribbean Premier League. It is not figuratively but truly.
This is the first time, that a smart ball will be used in a competition. As dissimilar to a traditional ball. The smart ball has been created by sports technology companies. The Sportcor in collaboration with Kookaburra.
The smart ball is basically an intelligent ball. It has an electronic chip inserted inside the ball. This chip has sensors that transmit information. It includes speed, turn, control in real-time which can be viewed on a smartwatch. Also, in portable, or even a tablet or computer/laptop in a specially designed app. Presently, this information can be used to consider, comparing, broadcast as well as recognize ability.
One of the unique highlights of the ball. It is that the ball reveals how much the ball spun. At what speed indeed after it has bounced. Among other things of the smart ball. One will be able to record the speed. At the point of discharge of the ball as well as before it hits the pitch.
These are the other features of the smart ball:
- Pre-Bounce Speed – Speed of the ball just before it bounces.
- Post-Bounce Speed (km/h) – Speed of the ball after it bounced.
- Release Spin – What are the revolutions on the ball when the bowler has just released it
- Post-Bounce Spin – The revolutions on the ball after the bounce.
- Power – Watt represents the power and effort the bowler has put into the ball.
The administrator will need to press a button on the app. Which will sends a command to begin the recording of information. As the bowler plans to deliver.