Shakib Al Hasan of Bangladesh performs backflips during his South Africa tour. Following a meeting with board president Nazmul Hassan in Dhaka. Al Hasan had a change of heart three days after being rest from all formats until April 30.
Shakib Al Hasan of Bangladesh will be consider for this month’s South Africa series after all, selectors announce on Saturday, days after the all-rounder claim he was not in the right frame of mind for cricket. Shakib has struggled with poor performance, scoring only 60 runs and taking five wickets in the three-match One-Day International series against Afghanistan, which concluded last week.
He informed the Bangladesh Cricket Board that he was “mentally exhausted and physically stressed,” and he withdrew from consideration for the South Africa tour after being named to the squad.
Following a meeting with board president Nazmul Hassan in Dhaka, Shakib had a change of heart three days after he was barred from competing in any format until April 30.
Bangladesh’s Shakib Al Hasan performs backflips.
“Shakib is available for the South Africa tour in all formats. He is leaving for South Africa tomorrow “After the meeting, Nazmul spoke to reporters.
Commentators chastised the 34-year-old after his unexpected withdrawal, but Nazmul urged fans to consider the national team.
“We have to remember that the senior players are under a lot of pressure,” he said.
“This year, we have 14 One-Day Internationals (ODIs), 15 Twenty-20 Internationals (T20Is), and eight Tests. It’s difficult for our senior players to play all of these games. We must comprehend it “He continued.
Shakib told reporters that he and the board had finalized a plan for him to compete over the next year, with the board deciding when he should rest.
The series against South Africa will begin on March 18 with the first one-day international (ODI) at Centurion.
In addition, Durban and Port Elizabeth will each host one Test match.
Members of Bangladesh’s one-day international squad have already left for the series.