Andre Russell on Friday was in red-hot form. He tore through Saint Lucia Kings bowlers for a stunning half-century.
Andre Russell bulldozed. Moreover, the way through Caribbean Premier League record books in a stunning attack. The allrounder scored the speediest half-century within the T20 league history. Coming in to bat within the 18th over, Russell struck an unbeaten 14-ball 50. And to set the record, he powered Tallawahs to a mammoth 255/5. It is against St Lucia Kings at Warner Park.
Wahab Riaz took the brunt of the attack. Finishing with figures of 0/16 from three overs. Obed McCoy did take three wickets but conceded 52 runs as well from his four overs.
In answer, Rulers were bowled out for 135 in 17.3 overs. Also, with Tallawahs enlisting a massive 120-run win. Migael Pretorius was the choice of the bowlers taking 4/32. Whereas Imran Khan finished with 3/7.
These are the full list of set records for competition:
- Russell’s half-century off 14 conveyances is the fastest ever in CPL history. He overtook the past record of 15-ball fifty set by JP Duminy in 2019.
- Russell blasted 49 runs in the final two overs of the innings. Thus drew level for the most numbers of runs. They scored in the 19th and 20th over of a T20I inning. Umar Akmal is the batter to have done the same during the National T20 Cup in 2016.
- Tallawahs crushed Kings by 120 runs. Which is the biggest win by run-margin in CPL history. Before St Kitts and Nevis Patriots held the record. It is when they beat Tallawahs by 119 runs in 2015.
- In Tallawahs total of 255 and 25 runs. They were registered in the extras column which is the most in CPL history.
- During his innings, struck three fours and six sixes. He had walked in to bat in the 18th over of the Tallawahs innings.
Andre Russell, during his innings. He was struck three fours and six sixes. Lastly, he had walked in to bat in the 18th over of the Tallawahs innings.